Tuesday 17 March 2009

A Saw Evacuation

In the spirit of Harry Hill, I state the following: I like roller coasters. I like horror films. But which is better? There's only one way to find out...riiiiiiiide!! So anyway, you get the idea with that.

Friday the 13th March saw the grand opening of splatter-themed bruise-inducer 'Saw: The Ride' at Thorpe Park, and by happy coincidence a couple of days later found me confusedly jamming my bar-coded ticket into the entry gate of the aforementioned Palace O'Sick, so I have now 'faced my fear' (or whatever the Billy the tricycle riding clown told me to do). Yay me. I have to say, I didn't realise I had a fear of bored park employees, hammily shouting at people to "do what he says...or else", that needed facing. Nice to have faced it though.

The ride itself is a fairly generic (thus, brilliant) shit-yourself-at-the-top-catch-it-on-the-way-down hair-messer, albeit with rotating blades and the occasional "you think it's over, it's only just begun" courtesy of the grumpy-bones 'Jigsaw Killer' to remind you that the vertical clack-clack-clack climb is unlikely to feature a massage parlour with a complimentary happy-ending for the day's designated driver.

Highly recommended though. If you find yourself there at any time soon I urge you to give it a go. Also, if you happen to see a stray rectum whilst queuing please return it to me. I took the precaution of stitching an address label to the side.



(here's a ride video I found on youtube)

No comments:

Post a Comment