Thursday 18 November 2010

Why the long face?

Every now and then whilst cursor-crawling around a news website you happen upon a story that really touches you. Not in a physical sense (the day that you are able to physically interact with websites is the day I withdraw from public life to merrily go blind in the privacy of my own home), no I mean you find a story that tugs your heartstrings to such a degree that you feel you must share it with others.

This is one such story. Follow the link below and have a look at the video. I'll still be here when you get back.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-11780938

Seriously, isn't that so sad. Noone should have a mobile phone that rubbish.

See that there? That was a joke. I said it to lighten the mood (although, the phone is crap) as I thought you might be a little sad. Sad because he has just told you about how on each and every birthday he wishes his parents would contact him. The reason this is such a sad story is that, presumably because of his condition affecting his eyes, he can't see that the reason his parents never seem to contact him is because...




...his phone's turned off.

:-(

No comments:

Post a Comment