Thursday 27 August 2009

Upset dents

Sensitive teeth are everywhere. In fact, these days you can’t even eat a sandwich without one of them getting upset. Fortunately help is at hand in the form of Sensodyne toothpaste, the advert for which tells the tale of a lady who discovered that her teeth were sensitive. How did she find out? Why she used her common sense and consulted an expert.

“I found that when I was eating, my teeth felt sensitive. I went to the Dentist and he diagnosed me with having sensitive teeth”.

Wow. She must have gone private for that opinion. Just like that he diagnosed her! Brilliant. Mystery solved. If only more experts were consulted in such a manner we wouldn’t spend our lives wandering blindly through a landscape littered with such enigmas.

“I fell down the stairs and found that a broken bone was poking through my skin, pointing at my foot. Finding it difficult to pull on my jeans I went to the doctor and he said I had broken a bone, and recommended repairing it.”
“Brushing my teeth I poked the toothbrush into my eye-socket and found that my vision was impaired. I went to the optician and they said it was because I had a toothbrush in my eye-socket, so they recommended removing it.”
“I found it difficult to form cohesive relationships because of all the murdering I did. I went to the police and they said it was because I was a murderer, so they recommended prison.”
“Being a f**king idiot I found that I was wasting a lot of experts’ time. Beating a path to my door they said that I was actually a f**king idiot, and they recommended no longer being such a f**king idiot.”

At least we can dream...

No comments:

Post a Comment